E Shram Card: The e-Shram portal, created by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, is designed to build a nationwide database of unorganized workers seeded with a person’s Aadhaar. The information comprises name, occupation, residence, educational background, skill kinds, family information, and other factors to help determine a person’s employability and whether or not to extend social security benefits. The database is the first of its kind national level and includes gig and platform workers, migrant workers, construction workers, and other unorganized labor.
WHAT IS E SHRAM FOR?
Objectives of E-SHRAM scheme:
- The main goal is to compile a comprehensive database of all construction workers, migrant workers, gig and platform workers, street vendors, domestic workers, agricultural workers, etc. It will make providing social security services easier and sharing their information with stakeholders to deliver welfare programs.
- The transferability of social security and welfare benefits to migrant and construction workers is the next goal, along with giving the federal and state governments access to a comprehensive database for future use.
- To increase the effectiveness of social security services for unorganized workers. Integration of Social Security Programs for UWs that MoLE oversees and Programs overseen by other Ministries.
- Sharing data on registered unorganized employees with other stakeholders, including Ministries, Departments, Boards, Agencies, and Organizations of the Central and State Governments, through APIs is necessary to administer their numerous social security and welfare programs.
- The capacity of migrant and construction workers to transfer their social security and welfare benefits and to live a life with basic amenities.
- supplying a thorough database to the federal and state governments to help them deal with future national crises like COVID-19
ELIGIBILITY TO REGISTER ON E SHRAM PORTAL
Anyone who meets the requirements can sign up via the portal:
- a) AN UN-ORGANISED sector employee. Any home-based employee, self-employed, or a wage worker in the unorganized sector is eligible for the scheme.
- c) Age range: 16 to 59 years.
- d) Not an EPFO/ESIC or NPS member
If you wish to register yourself or someone you want to help, these are basic documents that one person needs.
- Adhaar card
- Phone number linked with the Adhaar card
- Details of a Savings bank account- IFSC code.
IS IT FREE TO REGISTER FOR E-SHRAM YOJANA
Developed by the ministry of labor and employment, the e shram is a free scheme. Workers don’t have to pay anything to register or even claim the scheme’s benefits. It is free. The government has also set up helping numbers and posted an assistance video for the registration so that no one faces any problems. The help desk number is – 14434. One can also try the ten-digit number provided by the Common Service Centres.
Once a worker registers on the portal, they get an E-shram card. The card’s main objective is to benefit the labor class of India, around 38-40 crore Indians. It would be a card with 12 digits unique identity code, just like the Adhaar card. It aims to cover all the labors of our nation.
BENEFITS OF THE E-SHRAM CARD
- E shram card is beneficial for the labors; some of the benefits are listed below:
- Workers can receive an insurance benefit of up to Rs 2 lakh when they register with the e-shram portal. The Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana is responsible for this.
- A payment of Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 1 lakh in the case of a partial handicap is awarded if the employee dies in an accident or suffers a whole physical disability.
- Everyone registering for an e-shram card would receive Rs. 500 from the Yogi government.
MISTAKES TO BE AVOIDED WHILE REGISTERING
There are some mistakes that a person should avoid while registering to the portal:
- Make sure with your bank that your KYC is updated; without KYC, the money from the scheme can not be credited.
- Fill in all the details very carefully, as you can not edit them once submitted; also, check the details with the help of the preview option that is available.
- Once applied, renew your application yearly to stay associated with the scheme and its benefits.
E-Shram cards for the country’s poor are one of many significant programs the central government has started that are aimed at helping the working class. By signing up for an e-shram card, unorganized sector workers can receive financial assistance from any location in the nation.
The Government of India has taken this initiative so that the living standards of poor people can be raised to the bare minimum. We wish the implementation of this scheme goes right, and everyone eligible for the same takes the benefits of it. The target audience is not small in number. There are around 40 to 45 crore Indians who fall under the labor class and the unorganized employment sector. Who is looking forward to this scheme and this insurance policy